WOLSELEY CANADA: NAVIGATING COVID-19
Updated: October 5, 2020
These are unprecedented times and the situation with COVID-19 is rapidly evolving, with new updates every day. We are closely monitoring the status in Canada and the health and safety of our customers, associates and communities remains our top priority. Carefully following the latest information and guidance set by the Government of Canada and World Health Organization (WHO), we have put place new protocols for all of our branches and showrooms.
You can rely on us to provide the services and products you need to get the job done. We are dedicated to supporting our customers and the important work you do across the country.
Most Wolseley branches will be open for walk-in business, with a few exceptions maintaining curbside service only.
All branches continue to offer contactless ordering options including Wolseley Express, phone and email with curbside pickup available. See branch details and updated health and safety protocols below.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS
- Location Finder >
- NEW Branches Open for Walk-In Business >
- Branches Open for Curbside Service >
- Contactless Options for Placing & Receiving Orders >
- Showroom Information >
- A Message From Our President: Thank you for helping us stay strong >
- Email Sign Up >
SAFELY RE-OPENING LOCATIONS FOR WALK-IN BUSINESS
Our locations are open for walk-in business, with select branches maintaining curbside service only. Closely observing all health recommendations from the Government of Canada and the World Health Organization, we have implemented new protocols to help keep our customers and associates safe.
*Please check with your local branch for specific information on hours of operation.
Please refrain from entering our branches, and use our convenient, contactless alternatives for placing orders, including phone, email or Wolseley Express (for plumbing, HVAC/R and Waterworks customers), if you:
- are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (shortness of breath, coughing, fever, extreme fatigue, muscle pain, etc.)
- have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for the virus within 14 days
- have recently travelled outside of the province within the last 14 days.
HEATH & SAFETY STANDARDS IN BRANCHES OPEN FOR WALK-IN BUSINESS
Here are some of the safety protocols and changes you’ll notice in these branches:
PHYSICAL DISTANCING & HYGIENE PRACTICES
- Masks required: All associates and customers must wear masks or face coverings at all times inside the branch.
- Hand sanitizer available: Please ensure you use this upon entrance and exit of the facility.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres must be practiced by all customers and associates in the branches. Please follow all signage and instructions by branch associates.
- Branch capacity: Branches may be limiting the number of customers inside the branch at a time to maintain distancing.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at all counters, to safely separate customers and associates during transactions.
- “Kitchen” areas, including self-serve coffee stations, as well as washrooms, will not be available for customer use.
- In circumstances that are transactional between individuals, without the opportunity to disinfect hands, employees will be required to wear disposable gloves.
- Proper hygiene practices, following official guidelines, will be maintained. Including, but not limited to:
- Regularly disinfecting commonly touched surfaces
- Disinfecting debit/credit machines after each customer use
- Proper hygiene practices for the use and disposal of gloves and masks
Branches in these regions will be accepting returns, with updated protocols:
- Please contact the branch in advance to arrange the return.
- Returned product is to be dropped off at the agreed location within the branch.
- The product returned will either be quarantined for 3 days prior to putting back into circulation or disinfected before processing.
Tool rentals will be available at branches in these regions, following normal processes for renting.
- For tool rental drop-offs, please contact the branch in advance and follow instructions for dropping off the product in the appropriate location.
- Returned tools will be disinfected prior to being returned into the branch.
CONTACTLESS OPTIONS FOR ORDER & PICK UP
All previous options for contactless order and pick-up will remain available at these branches. This includes placing orders via phone, email and Wolseley Express (for plumbing, HVAC/R and Waterworks customers).
Express Pick-Up, curbside pickup and shipping options continue to be available. Please see more details below.
Delivery options continue to be available for orders. To ensure safety, our drivers will:
- Practice safe distancing when making deliveries.
- In circumstances where safe distancing is not possible, drivers will be required to wear masks.
- All Wolseley Canada trucks will have a supply of masks, gloves and hand sanitizer.
SHOWROOMS OPEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Kitchen & Bath Classics, Wolseley Studio and Vague & Vogue showrooms are open by appointment only. TAPS Bath is currently open for walk-in business.
As always, the health and safety of our customers, associates and communities are our top priority and we have implemented new measures in our showrooms. Physical distancing and hygiene practices are at the core of our health and safety standards, with measures including:
- Making hand sanitizer available throughout the showrooms
- Frequent daily cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched surfaces
- Mandating masks and physical distancing of at least 2 metres for all customers and associates
- Limiting the number of customers in the showroom at a time, and more.
BRANCHES OPEN FOR CURBSIDE SERVICE ONLY
For branches that remain open for curbside service, we have put in place measures to help ensure the safety of our associates and customers, including the following:
- To ensure social distancing, only Wolseley associates will have access to our branch and showroom facilities across the country.
- While customers will be restricted from entering our locations, all customers will still be able to use convenient alternatives to place orders, and options are available for pick up and delivery.
CONTACTLESS OPTIONS: PLACING & RECEIVING ORDERS
PLACING YOUR ORDER
For plumbing, HVAC and Waterworks customers:
- Shop and place orders 24/7 on Wolseley Express.
Credit card payments are now available on Wolseley Express and all terms and named COD account customers can register for an account.If you don’t already have an account, you can register at: https://www.wolseleyexpress.com/UserRegistration/Registration
- For more information on Wolseley Express and tips for using our key features, click here.
- Call ahead! We are happy to take your order over the phone.
- Express Pick-Up and shipping options continue to be available.
For Industrial customers:
- Orders can be placed via phone or email.
- Pick up and shipping options are available.
PICKING UP YOUR ORDER
- Please do not attempt to enter the branch; the doors will be locked. Instead, call the branch to let our associates know you have arrived for pick up.
- Instructions for pick up and contact details will be posted on the branch doors.
- Over the phone, our associates will discuss arrangements for order pick up specific to that location, with respect to all protocols for social distancing.
Wolseley Canada will not be accepting cash payments of any kind at this time. Please note the payment options available:
For terms account customers:
We encourage our valued customers to utilize the following electronic payment methods:
- Invoice Gateway via Wolseley Express
- Once you log in to Wolseley Express you can use the secure Invoice Gateway portal to pay your invoices and statements through Bill Trust. You must have the Invoice Gateway user right to access this portal. Contact your credit rep to activate.
- Invoice Gateway payment options include:
- Pre-Authorized Debit
- Credit Card
Additional electronic payment options include:
- EFT/Wire payments
- Online Banking
In the event the above electronic payment methods cannot be utilized, please direct the check payments to the appropriate Regional Centre. Please confirm the Regional Centre indicated on your invoice:
Ontario, Atlantic, West and Industrial
PO BOX 4220 Stn Main
Concord, ON L4K 0L6
4200 rue Louis-B Mayer
Laval, QC H7P 0G1
Please Note: Customers can still drop their checks at their local branch but should call to confirm store hours and availability.
Please contact your financial services representative for further information:
For general inquiries: email@example.com
For COD account customers:
- Credit card payments are now available on Wolseley Express. We encourage you to register for an account and place your orders online, taking advantage of this convenient, contactless payment method.
For non-credit account customers:
- Please call your branch manager to discuss how your order will be handled.
- Wolseley Canada will not be accepting returns at branches offering curbside service only.
BRINGING THE BRANCH EXPERIENCE ONLINE
Many of you are used to seeing our promotions featured in-branch. To bring that experience online, we have set up Virtual End Caps with featured deals and offers from select manufacturers. You can check that out at: www.wolseleyexpress.com/endcaps.
As always, you can continue to view all our promotions on Wolseley Express here, or just search "Promotions" in the search bar.
STAYING UP TO DATE
As we will increasingly rely on digital communication channels, we encourage you to sign up for our emails to stay up to date with all our news, promotions and Wolseley Express updates. You can sign up here.
While the current environment is dynamic, we appreciate your support as we navigate COVID-19 together. The health and safety of our customers, associates and communities remains our top priority, and we recognize the important role that our team and customers fulfill in our communities. We continue to be confident in our swift decisions to safeguard our communities and to serve each of you.
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How was your experience with Wolseley?